How some things change

Morning Journey: On Time

This morning I had a meeting on Tottenham Court Road and got the train into Charing Cross, which I haven't done for about a year. It was interesting walking up Charing Cross Road and seeing the visible changes. I noticed that the crypt entrance for St Martin-in-the-fields had finally been finished and it was stunning: All glass and polished stone. What with the credit crunch I had expected to see some familiar places closed down (Murder One look to have gone totally online now) but it was nice to see some old favourites like the Quinto bookshop putting up a fight and still there.

It was also interesting to see the Crossrail development at Tottenham Court Road is really gathering pace, many of the local shops on the Charing Cross side of the junction have moved premises or closed down due to the necessary requirements of the transport upgrade.

Unfortunately this looks like we have may have seen the last of the best kebab shop in central London. I have many happy memories of this place from my younger days.

Bye Bye Dionysus. :(

Evening Journey: Late home, AGAIN!

Normally I moan as South Eastern for their typically rubbish train service but this time it is South West trains who made me late. I was imprisoned on the train for 15 minutes whilst the signalman had a piss or something... Well the announcer said that is was because they were waiting for a platform to become available but we all know that is bollocks, right?

0 Comments

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2009 The Grumpy Commuter Diary All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.