What do you call a group of ticket inspectors?

Posted by The Grumpy Commuter in ,
Morning Journey: 7 minutes early for work!

Evening Journey: 20 minutes late. Grrrrr

I have a question today that I have asked myself many times over the last few weeks:

Why are there so many ticket inspectors at Waterloo East?

These guys stand in their thuggish groups, constricting the exits and entrances of what is already a very congested walkway and get paid for not looking very well at people tickets and scanning their oyster cards! I notice they catch the odd fair dodger so I can understand having a couple of these people moping about if completely necessary (personally I'd sack them all) but this morning there were 8 of them...

yes... 8 of them!


With the economy being as it is, how the heck can this immense waste of money in the form of wages be at all justified? Are these train companies making so much money from their excessively increased fares and subsidies that they can employ so many people just for the hell of it? Employ people who don't even do their job properly?

These ticket inspectors do nothing but piss off 99% of commuters. What is wrong with installing a few ticket machines? I dare not even think what these people are paid, I bet that too would make me sick!

This rant got me thinking about another question:

What do you call a group of ticket inspectors?

I couldn't find anything conclusive online but after a bit of searching I find this site about groups of things.

There are quite a few contenders:

A cackle of train inspectors? (Normally applied to hyenas)
A pack of train inspectors? (Mules)
A bloat of train inspectors? (Hippopotamuses)
A pounce of train inspectors? (Cats)

...my personal favourite is a skulk of train inspectors!

0 Comments

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2009 The Grumpy Commuter Diary All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.