The SouthEastern ticket inspectors are breeding!

Posted by The Grumpy Commuter in ,
Yesterday I talked around the subject of ticket inspectors and today there has been a serious development. When I got to Waterloo East this morning there were not 8 of these satan spawn, but 12!!!

..yes 12 ticket inspectors!

12 people paid with our money, to take cursory glances at peoples tickets and penalise those stupid enough to admit they didn't have time to buy one on the train or before they traveled. And this is the crux of my point: Ticket Inspectors don't catch the real fare evaders, they catch people too naive to realise that being honest when you have been running behind will only get you a penalty fare. I have an annual season ticket and I can assure you that nobody, ever, not even on-train guards have ever looked at it properly.

So back to these 12 ticket inspectors. The numbers got me thinking: 8 yesterday, 12 today. If we take into a factor of 1.5 per day, how long before there are more ticket inspectors at Waterloo East than "customers"?

Morning Journey: Ontime!
Evening Journey: Ontime!

1 Comments


I hear you loud and clear. No problems with not having ticket I always do but the amount of them between Tonbridge or Paddock Wood Kent and Strood station And other Medway towns such as Gillingham where I am going to is astounding. Plus number of British transport police at Strood station after 9.30pm , when very few people are getting on what are they doing? This is several times in recent weeks not just the once or I wouldn't bother mentioning it.

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2009 The Grumpy Commuter Diary All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.